This is me here (below) taking the old Barclays bike in London town for a spin on a sunny day. We peddled our way through Hyde park, Green park and St James' park in no time. It's a great way to experience a city, be it the one you live in just the one you're visiting. I do love getting lost in a new place, usually resulting in a discovery of some kind, perhaps a hidden gem or just a different perspective from off the beaten track. But no matter what, I always have a gawky looking smile plastered on my mug from sheer pleasure, funny how something so simple can make one so content. Now with the world taking up greener living, bicycles are the way forward, with many people across the globe reverting to biking it everywhere instead. In London I see loads of people each day on their bicycles, gaining more and more followers and bicycle shops popping up all over the place. These Barclays bikes are a fantastic way to get around, for tourists and residents alike. This concept is emerging in cities all over Europe, a definite trend that is here to stay and one to follow! I love love love this trend and think it is here to stay, now let's get moving.

So I have been toying with the idea of jumping on the band wagon and getting my own pair of wheels. Although I must confess I am terrified of the big, busy streets with cars and buses coming at me from every angle, but I'm determined to muster up the courage and like the old saying goes, "just do it!" I love these vintage looking bikes, all inspired from the typical dutch style of bikes. Bicycle brands have taken this look and recreated the vintage look while pairing it with new "bike technology and functionality." I dream of a pastel green vintage bicycle with a basket ofcourse, as my latest mode of transport. "Vintage" bicycles like these are in in in!
 |
| Papillionaire Bicycles |

 |
Velorbis Bicycle (below)
Now for the attire, an essential part of our everyday, which would have to be functional ofcourse however there is no need to skimp on looking great as you peddle to the medal. I love this look (below) taken from the Elizabeth & James lookbook at Shopbop. Yes, yes I know it's a dress, but with the right length and lack of breeze this can be done with ease. I know, I have tried and passed the test. It's a grand outfit for a relaxed ride around your neighbourhood, proving that one doesn't need to pass up on style. I especially love the small wedge heels and how lady-like this outfit is, now off to have some tea and maybe a scone, tra la la...
Or for a casual look when picking up the pace and taking on those hills, this look from the Splendid lookbook is another winner. So when hopping off your two-wheeler you still look smashing. Casual and comfy, something that works for us all and I love stripes and short-shorts with a pop of colour. An on-trend look and practical at the same time.
Take inspiration from Chanel's 2012 Resort collection, with soft tones, sweet details and comfort for a perfect chilled-out weekend activity.
When biking it one may not have access to a basket, these fancy back-packs from Marc Jacobs are just the thing, but not quite in everyone's budget. Retailers should seriously take note of the need for some trendy rucksacks and backpacks, with cycling becoming more and more prominent, it's something to start tapping in to for sure. Why not have more sacks and packs with a difference for the cycling brigade?
These espadrilles are almost in every store at the moment and this is no exaggeration. They are a huge summer hit and are to be seen everywhere. Another item proving to be a retailer's dream as men, women and children are all slipping their feet into these french-inspired boat shoes.
Soludos Espadrilles (below)
Asos Wedges (below)
Steven Alan shorts (below)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment